Monday 23 September 2013

A Poem Inspired to Naomi Shibab Nye's All Things Not Considered



'I instruct you in ten matters for war: Do not kill women, children, the old, or the infirm; do not cut down fruit-bearing trees; do not destroy any town. Do not slaughter sheep or camels except for food. Do not burn bees and do not scatter them. Do not steal from the booty, and do not be cowardly'

                              - Abu Bakr al-Siddiq R.A First Caliph of Islam


This poem was inspired by the character, Mohamad al - Durra in All Things Not Considered by Naomi Shibab Nye but it is told by the mother after witnessing her son's death. 

Where are you Durra?
Tell me where are you now.

Why are you leaving me?
I am knelling on my knees.

How could they be so mean?
When all we have is love not the machines.

I'll shed a tear
That only God can hear

For you my son
I'll do anything (even) if I have to raised a sword

I imagined that Durra's mother was there and she witnessed the killing of her husband and son. She is beyond sad but could not do anything accept to pray for them and later killed the soldiers with pens (when writing poems for people to see how cruel soldiers are)

Let's pray for them :') and thanks for reading my poem. Cheers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

man, I choked :')

Zi Kerry said...

*kasi tissues* hihi.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com